Package Tracking Problems
|Press the Back button on your Browser to return.|
|There are a number of reasons why tracking a particular tracking number may not be working. These vary by type of tracking number:iShip Tracking Numbers|
iShip tracking numbers begin with the letters "MM", "MA", or "EM" and are 13 characters long. If you receive an error message that looks like the following:
We were unable to track your package.
Please make sure the tracking number is correct, select a carrier from the list below, and click on Submit.
please check the following:
Finally, if you track a package using an "EM" tracking number and obtain unexpected results, such as a different delivery date than you requested, switch the "E" to an "M" and try your request again.
- The tracking number should not contain the letters "I", "L", or "O". If it does, switch the I and/or L to a one, and/or the O to a zero, and try your tracking request again.
- The tracking number should contain 13 characters.
- The package record may have been edited. When a package is edited before shipment, the original tracking number is voided, and a new one is created. If you received the tracking number via e-mail, you should receive a second e-mail with the new tracking number.
Carrier tracking numbers
If you are trying to track a package using a carrier tracking number directly, there are some common mistakes that can cause problems. Use these hints below to see if your tracking number is correct:
UPS Store (MBE) PSO numbers
- UPS tracking numbers usually begin with "1Z", contain 18 characters, and do not contain the letters "O", "I", or "Q".
- UPS tracking numbers that do not begin with "1Z" include tracking numbers for Air Shipping Documents (hand-written airbills) and International Air Waybills.
- FedEx Express tracking numbers are normally 12 digits long and do not contain letters.
- FedEx Ground tracking numbers are normally 15 digits long and do not contain letters.
- DHL tracking numbers are normally 10 or 11 digits long and do not contain letters.
- USPS Tracking numbers are normally 20-22 digits long and do not contain letters.
- USPS Express Mail tracking numbers are normally 13 characters long, begin with two letters, and end with "US".
Some UPS Store or Mail Boxes, Etc. locations give out Parcel Shipping Order (PSO) numbers instead of tracking numbers. PSO numbers are normally 8 digits long and cannot be used to track packages through iShip. You may, however, be able to "track by reference" with a PSO number on the UPS web site, if you shipped your package with UPS. See the Knowledgebase Article on UPS Store PSO Numbers.
Press the Back button on your Browser to return.
© 1998 - 2018 iShip, Inc. iShip, the iShip logo, Price It, Track It, Sell It, and Shipping Insight are trademarks of iShip, Inc. iShip, Inc. is a subsidiary of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. Logo and marks used by permission. All rights reserved.
iShip, Inc. Privacy Notice